Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grahan...

Another book, another experience...but this was different...this stayed with me even after finishing the book...i must say Paulo Coelho is hell of a writer...The simplicity of his language and complexity of thoughts don't let you leave the book...

"Brida" was all about dreams...the choices we have...the boundations we realize at the last moment...the helplessness we face...and in the end the decision we have to make...fabulous...

I could really relate to the "Magus" in it...he knows what he has to do...but that's not what he wants to do...he isn't a superhuman...no...he has the wisdom of knowledge but its burden is far more than its absence ever was...just think what u'll feel if u knew everything but weren't able to do nething about it due to ur own boundations...due to the shell u urself built once around u...u are in this different dimension where u have only responsibilities 'coz everytime ur "soulmate" comes along u can't have her 'coz u r too scared of the consequences...u r not afraid of the light but of the shadows it casts...

I'm sure that u'll relate to one of the characters...the helpless teacher "Magus"...the silent watcher "Wicca"...the innocent lover "Lorens" or the confused student "Brida"...or even all of them...I found a reflection of a bit of my own self in all of them...

As its evident the book brought with itself a series of thoughts...it flodded me with emotions...and the painting "Grahan" (not 'eclipse' but 'to take') was the consequence...I tried my hands on actual paints after a long long time...no photoshop in this...only poster colours and markers...I have tried to put a bit of all the characters in it...the rage and protective shell of Magus...the task of accepting wisdom of Brida...the beauty of Loreans...the silence of Wicca and more importantly the Void...the emptiness which each of them experiences...

Hope u all like it :)

1 comment:

survivor said...

I love the Ganesh Ji painting, I was drawn to this image because it looked like the curves I would doodle as well, then they would expand into circles, very flowing...and to see how well this has turn out, it's absolutely beautiful.

Thank you for your artwork.